Kevin put together our crib this weekend! Of course, we couldn’t resist letting our firstborn Boykin try it out!
He wasn’t a fan. Don’t worry, there’s no way he would even remotely consider jumping in on his own. The only way we were able to snap a cute pic was by some extreme coaxing with popcorn. So far we love our Babyletto mini crib. It’s pretty easy without a baby in it. :) Kevin put it together during a football game on Sunday just to give us an idea what it would like in our space(s). We plan to use it in both of the two back bedrooms. It’s very light and on wheels! It’ll camp out most of the time in our bedroom, but it’ll also have a space in the adjacent gray bedroom where our marigold couch currently resides. We’re not exactly making a nursery, but we are working on the finishing touches in both rooms. Kevin is putting up some crown molding next weekend, and I’m still on the hunt for curtains!
Boyd Bear also gave us quite a scare last night! Kevin and I had a little miscommunication about where the dogs were, and BBear managed to scoot out the garage door. I was teaching piano lessons so we didn’t notice that he was missing for an HOUR!!!! Normally it’s no big deal if Boyd tries to get out because he’s soooo slow. But when we realized it’d been an hour, we freaked out!!!!! We decided to look for him on foot first, and thank God, I found him exactly three doors down! I don’t know exactly what happened, but that’s all the farther he got. A neighbor and her dog were back there with him, and he was just chilling — happy as can be!! I was terrified that he was going to get run over because he’s not exactly observant. The good news is that when dogs get out in our neighborhood, there are always so many other dogs nearby for them to play with. Of course, our phone number has worn off Boyd’s collar tag (he’s really hard on things — Pippa’s is totally fine!) so this was our reminder to get him a new one!!! So we spoiled him like crazy for the rest of the night. Kevin says that Pippa wasn’t so happy to see him come back. She was hoping he was gone for good!!! Hahahahaha. She’d love to be an only dog.
This weekend we had a chance to cheer on two friends from our box as well as one of Kevin’s work buddies at another CF comp. It’s so fun to watch & just cheer without having the pressure on you. But at the same time, I’m like…. I really want to try that!!! I wonder what time I could do that in. Blah, blah, blah.
Our beautiful new egress window in the basement. The contractors made my dogs crazy for three days, but it was worth it. I’m excited to be making the basement into a more usable space… someday soon. Kevin has a lot of projects on his plate!!!
- I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I puked for the first time this weekend!! Haha. I learned the hard way that I can NOT tolerate vitamins on an empty stomach. I don’t know why it took me so long to figure out, I had a few waves of nausea over the last week that really confused me. It’s because I’ve finally gotten more committed to taking my vitamins and taking them earlier in the day. Oops!!!!! Of course, that hardly counts. I was fine as soon as the vitamins were out and proceeded to eat bacon & eggs and yogurt. Prior to this weekend, I hadn’t thrown up in 10+ years!!!!! I had been bragging about it very recently, so I guess pride comes before a fall. I even managed to escape all the parasites and bugs the Americans got while I was living in the DR. Oh well! This hardly counts since I wasn’t actually sick. :)
- I had “dinner” at Panda Express on Sunday. Just saying, I don’t always eat just right, but I try to about 90% of the time, especially while pregnant. I know Panda can’t be “better” than most fast food places, but it doesn’t bother my stomach the way things like pizza do. And for whatever reason, I love that place!! I really do. It’s so good. The good news is that I really love sweet potatoes, Kerrygold, grassfed beef, and broccoli more, especially the way I feel after I eat them. Haha. I really haven’t experienced pregnancy cravings other than a mild urge to eat more carbs which is pretty natural. So I eat more carbs.
- We acquired a few more baby clothes! They are so tiny & cute. I’ve been really into looking at baby stuff online and pinning all the things. Not actually buying or doing… just looking for now.
- We have a few more ideas for baby names. Here’s something weird we discovered. Kevin and I both have a preference for names that are more easily recognizable in other cultures/countries. Of course, there aren’t really names that work everywhere, but there are definitely some names that translate more easily. “Corrie” is not one of them. Especially since it’s very close to corre (run!) in Spanish. Of course, this isn’t a deal breaker if we love a name, but one of us always brings it up when we are tossing out ideas!
- I sent out an email about piano lessons this week…. there are only about 7 classes left before January!!! And then the baby could come anytime… That is SO crazy.
Have a great week! Deep down, what’s your favorite fast food place? Or can you truly not stand any of it? I used to really love a McNugget, but it’s been years now. Hopefully that got cleared out of the baby’s genes. Haha.:)