I tried my first recipe from PaleOMG tonight, and it was a huge success!!!
This, my friends, is the Pumpkin Cashew Coconut Curry. Here are some things you should know about it:
- Most exciting? The cauliflower is the rice. This is genius! When I read it, I had a feeling it would work! And it did!!! As long as you cover that stuff up with the chicken and sauce, you totally feel like you are carbing it up!!!!! 26 calories in a cup of cauliflower. 242 calories for a cup of cooked rice. (Also Vitamin C, other benefits - stop drinking the orange juice!!!!!).
- You can make it in the slower cooker. This is especially handy for people who are not fond of touching raw meat. I just slow cooked up the chicken in the coconut milk and pumpkin before adding the rest.
- It doesn’t taste like pumpkin. At all. I only remembered later to tell Kevin that it had pumpkin in it. He guessed “pineapple” and “coconut flower”, but was never going to guess pumpkin.
- I added extra spices like Garam Masala and Tumeric. Why not?
Can’t wait to make some more of JB’s recipes. I have all the ingredients to make another this week!!!
So. I had a VERY exciting day. My thrice daily compulsive search of Petfinder led me to discover a beautiful chocolate lab/Vizlsa mix currently named Remmy! Here’s the only photo I have of her:
Awwwa… my poor baby is underweight! Of course, I called the shelter ASAP, and they passed me on to her foster mom (who is practically my neighbor, by the way!). The lady told me that there was another family ahead of me — booo!!! How could they have possibly beat me? You have no clue how often I look at Petfinder, people!! I tried not to get my hopes up. But I did. I was bouncing around the house, talking to Boyd like crazy about his new friend!!! Sure enough, the family decided to pass on her since she’s a wily 1.5 year old, and they have two small children. HOORAY!
We’re going to see her tomorrow, and I’m confident I’ll be bringing her home soon. Our family will be complete!! Haha. I seriously can’t wait to start spoiling that girl. And she WILL be wearing little outfits!! She’ll get cold in the winter!
Of course, I’ve been thinking about her name all afternoon. I just stopped writing this post for probably 15 minutes to look at lists of names. Ask my mom. I have always been fascinated by names.
My breakfast looks a LOT like yesterday’s panini. But I have to put avocado on everything when I have it at home. And I am on a huge fried egg kick with no end in sight!
This is seriously what Boyd does while I’m doing yoga. I have to kick him (sorry!) out of the way. He ignores me all morning, but the second I try yoga – he’s all over me!! And he adores the yoga mats. I would lock him out, but I don’t trust him!! He’s been so naughty lately.
Just trying to see out the window!
I let him borrow the piano bench so he could lounge more comfortably. So spoiled. So so spoiled. He needs a sibling!!!
Look what I found this morning on the way out to the gym!! A hole in our front gate.
I have two suspects:
- Me kicking it and not noticing (the gate is hard to open)
- The neighbor kittehz!
We heard some nose in our back yard last night (and Boyd was freaking out) so I think some of the alley cats were back there. We have REAL live alley cats in our neighborhood. We seriously see one every time we pull into our garage.
Or perhaps it was Boyd’s feline nemesis.
Can you believe Kevin already fixed it? He’s such a handyman. We didn’t have any nails so he pulled one out the wall that the previous inhabitants used for a picture or something. I’m so proud.
I know I’ve asked before, but it could be your last chance! What should I name our new baby girl dog?! Pippa is a possibility. As well as anything beginning with a “B.” Perhaps I should name her after an Olympian?
Have you ever used cauliflower to sub for anything? I also used it to make Skinny Baked Potato Soup. That was pretty amazing too!
P.S. Sleepy kittehz!! Too cute!!