Bone Jour! How was your day?!
Things I’m craving right this minute:
- Reading! I need a book!!! I haven’t made it to the library in our new neighborhood!! Shame on me! I would if they allowed dogs. I run past there with Pippa all the time.
- Piano practice now that I finally have my own!
- Yoga without dogs
- Taking my dogs somewhere with water! Or getting them a pool.
- Fitmixer boot camp! Can’t wait!
- Essie on my toenails! (And maybe Pippa’s too!)
- Going to the ballet! I’m really excited to see Sleeping Beauty! this fall. Note: I did not say I’m excited for fall. Lol.
- A planner/calendar. I tried to find a cute printable one online — no luck!!! And I’m not patient enough to wait for the mail. Plus it needs to be cute. And probably pink. Like this one, but starting before December!
I got up early with Kevin today! Pretty good for a fake Monday! I did some “internet work” before heading out for 5.75 miles with Pippa!! The good news is that we made it out earlier so it wasn’t hot. The bad news? The restaurants weren’t open yet so there were no water bowls for poor Pippa. Awwa!!
Speaking of boot camp! I challenged my sister-in-law to do the September photo-a-day challenge on Instagram. Today’s photo was for “lunch.” Thank goodness that encouraged me to make something other than sweet potato fries. I caramelized some apples in coconut oil and added some almond and goat cheese.
Unfortunately, I HATED the way it tasted. Just being honest. I think it would have paired much better with arugula!
The dogs love each other!! They are so busted!! They’re generally at each others’ throats. But when they’re not, they’re licking each other!!!
Thankfully, they’ve been doing okay when I have prospective parents over or piano lessons. A few frantic yelps and scratches, but they’ve been manageable. There’s no makeup left to chew!
I made some quick BLTs for dinner with the awesome pepper turkey bacon I got from Whole Foods. I was in between a meeting and a lesson so I had to make it snappy. By the way, I think I won the heart of a prospective student by telling her that 32nd Treat carries Almond Vanilla fro-yo made from almond milk. She can’t have dairy so she was really excited to try something other than sorbet. I think that means I can tell Kevin that exploring fro yo shops is for business purposes!!!!!
I finally made it to the gym tonight ! I convinced Kevin to drop by for a half hour or so I could hit the weights. I wanted to do a little bit of everything:
4 Rounds For Time:
- 10 kettlebell swings
- 10 burpees
- 10 box jumps
- 10 kettlebell sumo dead lift high pulls
- 10 thrusters
I finished in 22 minutes.. I think I should have been able to do 5 rounds in that time!! But I used heavier weights 30lbs for 1 & 4!! Doing 10 reps was a good time for me to practice doing a heavier weight without sending it through the mirror!!
We’re sitting at home now. Kevin is planning my birthday. He’s mad that I already guessed the first two things — fried eggs and Starbucks!! Lol. What can I say? We’re old and predictable!!
What does your welcome mat say? If anything. We put that one by the side door — the one we use for the dogs. We still need one for the front.
What are you craving? Don’t say pumpkin (although it’s good!).
Have you been to a ballet? A few! I’m bummed I missed Peter Pan last winter. I’ve already been prepping Kevin for this one by playing Tchaikovsky. But he failed miserably tonight by referring to it as Snow White! Although that sounds like a good one too!! Grumpy! Woodland creatures!