A girl without freckles is like a night without stars.
So I’m Corrie Anne… if you’re curious, “in real life” I actually just go by “Corrie” but once upon a time, circa 2007, a friend bought the domain for me as a birthday gift… we chose corrieanne just to be on the safe side – in case I got married.
And I totally did.
On June 24, 2011, I married Kevin James. He’s cute & funny; a godly man I am proud to call my husband! You can read the embarrassing story of how we met here & here. If you’re into bows, bunting, and barn dances, you can read more about our wedding here.
I’m currently teaching K-5 Music at a public school in my neighborhood as well as maintaining my own business — a private piano studio. I love both jobs dearly, but it’s a bit more than I planned to be doing!
These are a few of my favorite things:
- Lying in bed with the dogs, reading blogs, and eating sweet potato fries (simultaneously)
- Coffee, black or Skinny Vanilla Latte (in case you want to bring my Starbucks)
- Cupcakes — it’s my 2013 resolution to eat more!
- Music — Schubert, MacDowell, and Grieg are favorite composers. I also love Latin (like Enrique Iglesias!!!) and silly pop.
- Online shopping.
- CrossFit — new hobby.
- Making weekend breakfasts with my husband and then going on our weekly Starbucks meeting/date.
- Reading!!!!! (what I’m reading in 2013)
- Jeopardy! and House Hunters while doing cardio at the gym.
- Fro-yo with sprinkles
- Making healthy-ish dinners.
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos <—- LOVE!! And not without Diet Coke, my friends.
- Talking about fitness or teaching or piano. Don’t even get me started.
- Dogs that I see outside of Sprouts or Starbucks that I can pet (why don’t my dogs sit patiently like that?)
A little bit of history on me.
During my last three years as a single lady, I lived in the Dominican Republic. So if I act like I speak the Spanish or pretend to be Dominican, you know why.
I taught at a Christian school in Santiago and lived in an apartment that was frequently invaded by gigantic rats. I miss my Dominican son and sister terribly. Living in the DR taught me that every day is a good day to wear high heels, that getting your hair wet will cause a deathly illness, and that Dominicans are the best! I would move back in a heartbeat. And that’s love — they don’t have Starbucks! ;)
These days, we have two fur babies.
Boyd J is Kevin’s dog and my stepdog… I will forever be his evil stepmother. But I did give him bacon once! Kevin rescued him in 2008 (I think… it was before I knew them).
Pippa Cordelia is MY baby. She’s a Vizsla/Chocolate Lab mix we rescued during Summer 2012.
Someday we’ll have a picture of the 4 of us. It’s really quite a challenge. Update: Check the PUPPY THERAPY PAGE!
So that’s us for now.
Although I talk a lot about burpees and cookies, I believe that there is so much MORE to life. I am a Christian, and though I’m far from perfect, I strive to live my life according to what will matter for eternity. I believe that truth can be known and that God has made himself known to us in the Bible. In the Bible, we find the gospel which reintroduces us to God when our lives were marked with darkness. God acted decisively in the sending of his son, Jesus, and He will stop at no end to rescue us, reconcile us, and call us His own. God is for you, and He loves you.
Curious to know more? Please watch this: stop and think.
I would also challenge you to read the Bible for yourself . If you need a place to start check out the SheReadsTruth community for an introduction in a friendly environment or just download the free YouVersion app your phone and start reading!