So this was a fabulous dinner for a super busy night!
And it’s Christmas colors!!!
Straight up from Cooking Light. I emailed Kevin and asked him to pick up a few ingredients on the way home from work — even the thyme! I usually skip the fancy ingredients, and we already had pecans at home leftover from Thanksgiving.
Apple, Goat Cheese, & Pecan Pizza (via Cooking Light)
- 1 (1-pound) six-grain pizza crust (or see homemade crust below)
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced Fuji apple (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices evenly over pizza crust; top with cheese. Sprinkle thyme evenly over cheese. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
- Combine oil and next 3 ingredients (through honey) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle pecans evenly over pizza; top with arugula mixture. Cut pizza into 6 wedges.
One of my students was in Jamaica this week so I had time to make a homemade crust in between lessons:
Thin Pizza Crust (via MyRecipes)
- 1 package(s) active dry yeast (2.25 tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar (or honey)
- 3/4 cup(s) 110 degree water
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12″ circle. We’ve also found that holding the dough up, off the counter and stretching it works well, too (keep rotating the dough circle as you stretch to keep an even circle forming).
- Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
- Spread sauce over crust and top with cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake in a 500 degree oven for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
I sent Kevin to the grocery store unsupervised…. he came back with dark chocolate kisses and red hot blues. What a sweetheart!
Oh. And a huge $10 container of garlic!! Lol.
You can see it behind the locos on the counter – haha. And you can also spot my drooping poinsettia that I”m trying to coax back to life!
Here’s Pippa being cute:
And one for the Boyd fans:
I couldn’t believe it! Boyd jumped up on the piano bench to hang out tonight. You should see him trying to get comfortable on it. Doesn’t he look like he loves me??? He was feeling a little sickly today. He eats too much stuff out the in the yard (like wood chips).
Have a good night (or morning)! :)