Before I start, let me warn you that these lovelies could aptly be subtitled “millionaire cookies.” I was able to steal all the base ingredients like flour, sugar, eggs from my mom. But buying all the Snickers, chocolate chips, and peanut butter for a double batch cost me a fortune. Luckily, I coerced Josiah into chipping in to pay for some of the Snickers.
The poor sibs also go roped into kitchen labor. Hannah had to carry all the groceries home from SuperValu.
Josiah was tasked with cubing 8 Snickers bars… without eating any!
My lovely assistant. Can you believe I captured that face on Hannah Elizabeth-Rose?
(Recipe via Brown Eyed Baker)
Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
Yield: About 24 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Bake Time: 10 to 11 minutes
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups chopped Snickers candy bars (about 4 regular size bars)
¾ cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again.
4. Add the flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Stir in the chopped Snickers and chocolate chips.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. (I weighed mine out to about 2 ounces of dough per cookie.) Gently flatten each cookie ball with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
6. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 to 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Kevin ranked these #2 on his list of favorites right behind Monster Cookies and right before Best Big, Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Last, but not least, he also loved the Chocolate Almond Cookies. These are a really soft, chewy cookie. Just the way I like them! One final piece of advice is to definitely extract money from your siblings or neighbors to make these!